Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Aug 12, 9:47*am, "Doug" wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:32:24 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
.. .

Whether I am or not, my purpose is still the same. * Maybe we need to
change the law if needed.

Yes, changing/modifying laws always works (rolls eyes).

What you fail to understand is the laws are made for those who are already
responsible and thus, will follow those law. Criminals don't follow the
law....period. Restricting gun ownership for responsible citizens reduces
protection against criminals who are not responsible. Until you have a
resolution to eliminate guns from the hands of criminals, eliminating them
from the hands of responsible citizens is asinine.

I do realize this but we have to start somewhere and build upon it.
Whether we start with legal or illegal may be a worthy discussion

The above alone proves you're an idiot. Why would
you start with the legal gun owners when the overwhelming
amount of gun violence is coming from criminals?

but
I'm of the opinion to start with the legal ones first and then spread
out the enforcment to the illegal (which I think will be harder of
course).

Of course, because you're an idiot who knows nothing
about the actual problem.

*And I lived in NYC once for many years so I'm aware of guns,
legal and illegal being all around me as well as drugs and other
weapons.- Hide quoted text -

And how many of the murders each year in NYC were
or are caused by legal guns versus illegal ones?

What a marooon.

Having lived in NYC, you must know of the mandatory
prison time for anyone possessing a gun illegally, right?
Not just for those using a gun in crime, right? As a
result, to protect the citizenry, this is what we have.
Some poor ******* gets on a plane in TX, headed
for say Maine. He's taking a gun with him that's
perfectly legal for him to have in TX. He may even
have a permit to carry it in TX. So, he declares it
to the airline at check-in time and they handle it
appropriately. So far, so good. But the plane is
going to Maine via a connection in NYC at JFK.

Now, because of weather, the flight is delayed and
he misses his connection at JFK and will have
to catch a flight the next morning. The airline offers
to give him his luggage and not even thinking about
it, he takes possession of it. He goes off to a hotel
spends the night and returns to JFK the next AM.
He does just what he did in TX. He goes up to the
counter and tells them he has a gun in his luggage
to declare. BUT, this is NYC and unless he has a
NYC permit for that gun, it's illegal. They call the
police, he is arrested, tried and convicted because
it's a crime. And the judge has no choice, because
it's a mandatory sentence, off to prison he goes
to prison FOR 3 YEARS.

And this isn't a hypothetical situation either. It's
happened many times now. That's lib gun laws for you....
Meanwhile, the real crime is going on by real
criminals using real illegal guns.

Calling me stupid isn't going to change my mind. Of course gun
legislation isn't perfect in the wording and maybe it needs a serious
makeover. I clearly don't think allowing everyone to have a gun is
the answer to our problems.