Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gun Nuts

On Aug 12, 9:43*am, "Doug" wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 00:55:02 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Aug 11, 10:39*pm, "Doug" wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:56:57 -0500, "NotMe" wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:00:25 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:22:21 -0700, "David Kaye"
wrote:

The gun nuts claim to follow the Constitution, but the Constitution makes
VERY CLEAR that the laws are subject to interpretation by the Supreme
Court,
and it is THEIR DECISION as to what a particular clause actually means.

Well, the Supreme Court has ruled many times that the 2nd Amendment
refers
to regulating a MILITIA, and that it does not confer ANY right for
individual citizens to own guns.

Good Lord, you're stupid. *I thought Dougie was bad!

I still am bad if that means I still favor better laws to account for
gun ownership. * I don't want "anyone" to have a right to own a gun no
matter how well you word your reply. * There has to be some regulation
(perhaps I should say better regulation) of gun ownership in a
civilized world.

I'll play the game. * To what end do you see better law to account for gun
ownership?

I can give my ideas but what's more important is that we improve
accounting and regulate the guns better. * Obviously this means more
or different govt. controls and gun owners hate me for wanting this.
So if I gave my ideas here, you could shoot them down and you may be
RIGHT but that doesn't mean we can't use some other ideas for my
intended purpose. *Maybe we have the right laws already but don't
enforce them well so in that case, lets do so. * See where I'm going
(even if you disagree) ?

Can I say more on this, sure but I'll just keep repeating myself from
earlier posts.

Doug-

When the War on Drugs comes to a successful conclusion (the
elimination of drug use & drug related crimes) then you can sign me up
for the stepped War on Guns.

Do us all a favor, do some research on the history & motivation for
gun control.
You'll find them firmly rooted in classism & racism.

One of the first major gun control efforts (at least in my life time)
1968 Gun Control was totally motivated by fear & racism.

Politicians fear an armed populace..... *exactly the intent of the
guys who started this whole thing.

cheers
Bob

Bob, I believe you and I can read up on it but my own opinion is not
based on racism or classism. * I suppose one could make an argument my
opinion is based on fear.... well yes, to some extent that's true but
I'm not against our population having guns just not all. * Frankly I
know the words in legislating my idea is tricky but I think the risk
of not doing anything is worst than going thru evolution of trying.

Spoken like a true lib. Whenever any problem can
be indentified, the solution is always more govt, more
laws, more regulations. Yet Congress who makes
those laws has an approval rating of 15% and has
proven themselves totally incompetent. Go figure.

I appreciate tho what you are trying to tell me but I may be the lone
wolf for my reasons even tho my desires are similar to politicians.

You mean you want to demagogue the issue for
your own personal gain, to get re-elected?

And I know that my idea is going to involve more govt control and
normally I don't want more govt control

Yeah, I'm gonna believe that based on what you've
posted. What I see is someone too lazy to even
understand the situation, what works or doesn't work.
Yet you're clammering for more govt.

Kind of what we have a in Washington from the likes
of Pelosi. It's the MAGAZINES! BAN THOSE HIGH
CAPACITY MAGAZINES! Anyone who has any
reasonable familiarity with firearms will tell you that
the Colorado shooter could have just as easily
switched magazines one after the other and continued
to shoot away.
It takes a fraction of a second. Or he could have
used a shotgun and probably killed even more
people.

but in some cases, I think
it's warranted tho that's where some disagree with me.- Hide quoted text -

Why would what you think have any relevance when
you're totally ignorant about the whole situation?