Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Useless group - M Bench 2.JPG (1/1)

Mike Marlow wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

In a normal group links to pictures quite often stay with the
discussion so you can get an idea about whats being discussed, but
not here , the pic disappears and only the discussion is left.

The difference is that in a group like this, the pictures are not links,
they are actual attachments to the original post. Replies to that original
post do not include the attachements in order to keep space requirements
under control. You can set your news reader to show previously read posts
(which typically don't show up again after they've been read), to see the
original post and its attached pictures.

The trouble is that I have only once read a picture with a post a long
time ago so they must disappear without me reading them (I have not set
my reader to not display posts after reading with this group)