Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

Doug wrote:

I'm not up on the constitution or law but I tend to think you are
right because we've had some form of gun control for a while and it's
not been thrown out. I do think we need to do a better job tho. I
tend to agree with your "Gun Nuts" subject line as they seem to be. I
can understand they want to own a gun but I can't understand why they
don't like to see it regulated so not "anyone" has a gun. Simply put
I want to see them in the hands or responsible owners. I'm not
implying the Gun Nuts here are irresponsible as I don't know but I'm
just surprised how much they want an open market for guns.

Okay, I'll play.

Define "responsible owner."

Presumably you'd insist on someone demonstrating "responsibility" before
they were able to obtain a firearm. How would he do that?

Even if you could determine, in advance, whether someone would be
responsible, you've changed the definition. Currently, everyone is eligible
to own a gun until or unless they violate some law or rule. In your world,
everyone would be prohibited from owning a firearm unless they could
demonstrate "responsibility."