Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Another annoyance

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:51:50 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:42:05 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

Hurricanes are all wimped out by the time they hit LonGuyland. And if
NYC ever did have a decent quake (which it will, eventually) it will
be a pile of smoking rubble.

---
Since NYC wasn't built above a geologically active zone, how do you
figure that?
---

(Having lived in New Orleans and San Francisco, I figure that
hurricanes are a lot more dangerous than earthquakes.)

---
Rather provincial figuring.

In order to come up with a more accurate estimate, I think you need to
assay the damage done, worldwide, by hurricanes and earthquakes, and
then post your findings.

Will you?

Of course not.

I was at my client's location when the Long Island quake hit. It
jerked the building so bad I thought the adjacent commuter train had
derailed and hit the building. By the time I uttered, "What the f...
was that", everyone else had fled the building ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |