Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Gun Nuts

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:46:38 PM UTC-7, Doug wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:22:21 -0700, "David Kaye"

wrote:

The gun nuts claim to follow the Constitution, but the Constitution makes

VERY CLEAR that the laws are subject to interpretation by the Supreme Court,

and it is THEIR DECISION as to what a particular clause actually means.

Well, the Supreme Court has ruled many times that the 2nd Amendment refers

to regulating a MILITIA, and that it does not confer ANY right for

individual citizens to own guns.

If you don't recognize the Supreme Court as the interpreter of the

Constitution, then YOU ARE UNAMERICAN. Simple as that.

I'm not up on the constitution or law but I tend to think you are

right because we've had some form of gun control for a while and it's

not been thrown out. I do think we need to do a better job tho. I

tend to agree with your "Gun Nuts" subject line as they seem to be. I

can understand they want to own a gun but I can't understand why they

don't like to see it regulated so not "anyone" has a gun. Simply put

I want to see them in the hands or responsible owners. I'm not

implying the Gun Nuts here are irresponsible as I don't know but I'm

just surprised how much they want an open market for guns.

Our forefathers wanted a balance of regulating power. The branches of the U..S. government is an example of that. They also wanted a balance of regulating firepower between the established governing body and its citizens; the NRA is the citizens’ side of the scale of regulating firepower. If you want better regulation join the NRA.