Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

On 8/11/2012 1:48 AM, terryc wrote:
On 11/08/12 15:57, gunnerasch wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 06:38:55 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

The inventory tax punishes utilities for stockpiling spares for
disasters.

Which brought "just in time" manufacturing and all the ****ing
bull**** that comes with that.

Typical gumbie gross ignorance. This stock tax is easily avoided by
moving to a location that doesn't impose it.

Yes, every company can pick up and move every time a bad law is passed.
My company is moving soon about 8 miles to a larger building. We could
do it in a month of no production, not meet contracts and **** off all
our customers. Or we can take 4 to 6 months and move one or two LASERs
at a time.

JIT makes sense as it keeps a companies cash liquid and not tied up in
stock that may or may not be sold today, tomorrow, next year, etc. The
company is effectively loosing the interest they would get by having the
cash in the bank, or they are paying interst on the overdraft that took
to produce it.

JIT usually means that the warehousing cost is just passed onto the
supplier and each part becomes more expensive.

One of the many parts we supply to a large mining equipment manufacturer
is a 1" x 3" 11ga mild steel shim. Many cheaper ways to make it, we cut
them on a LASER because that's what they want. They use maybe 20-30 a
year. They order them 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. For only slightly more,
they could get 100 and use them as they need them, but that's not JIT,
is it? We don't cut 100 at a time, we just throw a few them in a corner
of a sheet of 11ga when programming other larger parts.

Sometimes we have several orders for other parts with delivery dates a
week (sometimes only a day) apart. We cut all of them at the same time,
but they DO NOT want them delivered at the same time, they want them
shipped separately for tracking purposes. That makes everything more
expensive than it needs to be.

All because the ****tards in government decided that unsold items were
"assets" to be taxed.

Move.

And when the new location passes similar abusive legislation, just move
again.

And again.

And again.

Don't get out there in reality much, do you?

David