Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
gunnerasch[_2_] gunnerasch[_2_] is offline

Default Fine, try GUN CONTROL

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:30:47 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 09:39:57 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:50:35 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 08:07:46 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:20:30 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:13:38 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:54:32 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

How bout for starters, we require annual licensing and training?

Why?

Better accounting and hopefully more responsibility.

Giggle.

I already have accountability of my guns and take responsibility. What
I read from you is that the government should control your life,
because you cannot make simple decisions for yourself and you trust
the government more than yourself.

DAGS missing guns from the FBI, DEA, INS, ATF and other agencies. Guns
grew legs and walked right out of the agencies. Where is their
"accounting" and "responsibility"? What about Fast and Furious guns
that are missing?

You cannot legislate "responsibility" or morality. Is there anything
you think that should not be controlled by the government?

Don't go there or we will have another 1000 message thread. I do
think guns need to be controlled at least for accounting purposes. I
just don't want anyone to have a gun. You may be a responsible person
with a gun but not all are and as I said, I realize no law is going to
perfect what I want but if it saves any lives, it is worth it to me.

So in essence, you want to infringe on the right to have a gun. A
right that shall not be infringed. What is the next right you want to
take away?

Personally I don't see what's wrong with having better records of
those that buy a gun and perhaps requiring a annual license. Why do
you not complain about owning a car because it requires by law,
insurance, a driver's license to drive, registration and inspection
which is more than I want for a gun? Of course there are law
breakers that drive cars too but overall, it's a decent system for car
ownership / responsibility for owning a car.

Goal post moved. Driving is a privilege, not a right. I can opt-out
of driving. Leave my guns alone.

Call it as you may, you do not have to own a gun nor a car but if you
have the money, you may buy either. Therefore like a car, I want
both to have some accountability.

What accountability is there with automobiles? You dont even need to
register them

Gunner