Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two Bathrooms and Outdoor Outlet On One Circuit

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 23:34:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:33:43 -0400, "
wrote:

Both the electrician and the inspector were drinking a case of beer
that day. My house is grouped that way, but the opposite. The
bathroom has the GFCI and controls the outdoor receptacle.

Why? It was legal. The inspector had no reason to fail it. Dumb but not
illegal.

I cannot imaging going out in the snow to reset it. I'd put in a GFCI
breaker.

Legal does not make it right. The inspector has the ability to lean
on someone that is stupid and he should have. Tradesman want happy
inspectors because they have to deal with them all the time.

gfretwell has a better plan; put a GFCI outlet in each location (with the load
side unconnected on each). I had a GFCI breaker in a situation just like
that. It was a PITA to go outside to reset the breaker. If the panel had
been in the basement, it wouldn't have been much less of a pain.

Best way is to do it right the first time.

That's not usually a choice.