Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More bandsaw upgrades...

Martin Eastburn wrote in
:

I have links on both my wood and metal lathes.

The link belts are great. The belt must be attended to for the first
while. They have to have one or two links taken from them as they
conform to the V grove in the pulleys. Without removing, the belt
will wobble and make noise and vibrations. They are to long. Take a
link out.

Martin

The instructions said to remove 1 additional link for every foot, and
that the belt would need to be adjusted after the first 1-3 hours of
operation.

I can probably loosen the motor mounts on the bandsaw and just retension
things rather than taking the belt off. It looks like there's plenty of
room to allow for that, and I'll wind up doing it anyway.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.