Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cooling the shop.

Larry Jaques wrote:

..

I _was_ kidding, y'know. And my VOM had a capacitance checker
built-in which showed me no capacitance and infinite resistance.
I replaced the cap and she's been running fine for a couple days now.
"WHEW!" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Well, I guess they don't make these caps as well as they used to.
I still have a 36-year old one on one of our units, and the other blew
at an age of about 32 years. No question about that one, when it blew, (it
was the compressor run cap), you could smell it from 30 feet away.

Jon