Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Olympic stadium etc.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
The Velodrome will be used as a national cycling centre, and the pool
will also be used as a national training/ competition centre, both after
the removal of most of the seating.

IIRC, the buildings were designed to have the 'wings' containing the
majority of the seating removed after the games.

Correct. At least according to the dozen or so guided tours I've driven
round the park over the last few years. ;-)

The system for the main arena is similar, with most of the seating in a
removable "doughnut".

One or two of the other arenas were designed to be re-usable in other
locations, but I believe that those plans have now fallen through,
though I could be wrong.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.