Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central heating continuously runs

On Aug 10, 4:05*am, wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:41:51 +0000, Daren Friday

wrote:

Hi
We have a Potterton Suprema boiler, a Potterton EP3002 wall timer and a
Wickes wall thermostat.

The heating switches on OK according to the timer schedule but fails to
switch off when it reaches the right room temp set on the thermostat so
we just get hotter.

I had to have a new thermostat for some reason but I seem to remember
there being 3 wires into the stat but there appears to be only 2.

Is that right? *And would the missing wire be the one to turn off the
heat?

(Pictures attached)

Thanks

Daren

|Filename: Boiler.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6606|
|Filename: Stat.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6607|
|Filename: Timer.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6608|

If this was my problem, I'd go to a local heating contractor, and ask
them for advice. *Most places will try to be helpful, knowing you may be
back to buy parts or hire them to do the repair.
Try to find someone
who works on these boilers. *Call around and just ask them if they work
on them. *That way you'll know where to go.

Yeah, I'm sure that will work. Might as well go over
to the HVAC group..... I'm sure they'll tell you where
to go.....