Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT Olympic stadium etc.

"chris French" wrote in message

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
harryagain wrote:
I expect once all the ******** is over, it will all be demolished.
The council round here wants to close the swimming pool so no chance
for that lot.

I wonder if they will do that before or after it hosts the 2017 World
Athletic Championships?

Indeed, and quite a bit is temporary anyway (such as the basketball
arena and the water polo arena, some of the others I think - hockey
probably for another)) And velodromes and Olympic standard pool/diving
aren't exactly thick on the ground so I imagine they will get used.

I presume you mean for holding competitions in?

That's not what happened in Montreal, though AIH the swimming arena is the
only venue that is still used for sport, but not competitive sport.

It's just a municipal pool that residents can swim for 5 dollars (or
whatever) a time

tim