Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

On 8/8/2012 7:15 AM, willshak wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote the following on 8/7/2012 7:55 AM (ET):
Now, that makes good sense. You'd need some kind of recognizable
clothing, and some kind of structure. And, it sure could work. Sadly,
I have been wondering if FEMA is designed to prevent aid from reaching
disasters.

I've been part of a relief effort. They handed out yellow vests that
said "Mormon Helping Hands".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Some years ago I came up with an idea for NDC, National Disaster Corps.
Young people who didn't care for the military could join The NDC and
get the same sort of benefits for serving the country armed not with a
gun but a shovel and a hard hat. Like The Peace Corps but with heavy
equipment. The corps could be organized like the military and even work
with the military for transportation and basing. Heck, there are empty
bases all over the place they could work out of. I would imagine that
The NDC would be more welcome in certain parts of the world than the
military in times of disaster. ^_^

TDD

The labor unions would violently oppose any type of construction that
wasn't unionized.

Start a union in the NDC. ^_^

TDD