Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Room Air Conditioners

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:00:12 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

but energy efficency wise your far better off with a central AC. more
comfy, much more efficent, no window tied up with a AC, unusable for
anything else, no winter air leaks, even if you seal the unit great
the cold from outdoors will be conducted indoors.

the best money i ever spent was replacing my old furnace 60% efficent
with a 90+ goodman furnace with air.

theres another type of air probably around 1500 bucks a split ac.....

but central AC is the best way to go

That does not work for everyone though. If you have to install ducts
for AC, it can get costly in many homes. I'd like central, but since
I heat with hot water baseboard, the cost is difficult to justify.

If I had hot air heat, yes, central would be the way to go.