Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Central heating continuously runs

PaxPerPoten wrote:
On 8/8/2012 1:59 PM, Bill wrote:
Steve wrote:
"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
. ..
Bill writes:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/6/2012 7:15 AM, Steve wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message
I'm sure the professionals on alt havoc will help.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Daren Friday" wrote in message
news

I've tried 2 other types of stats and all have the same result, the
heating ignores them when room reaches temp.
I've just changed the stat for a Honeywell CM900 and again I get
exactly
the same result. If I move the slider to off on the EP3002
everything
closes fine.

I thought maybe I'd wired the stat wrong so I rewired it and now
I've
popped the motorised valve (Myson Power Extra MPE228).

I've ordered a replacement valve and EP3002. See how we go?

Keep playing with it, keep breaking and changing parts... you'll
eventually
change something and accitentally "fix" it, *OR* you can call you
local
Master Tech and get the problem corrected the first time and be done
with
it.

Years ago in the TV repair business we called them "Tube Changers".
^_^

TDD

I recall a tube tester at my local drug store, but I am a little young
to remember the big picture. Was "Tube Changing" frowned upon back
then
(mid-late 60's?)?

A good repairman would, given the schematics and a VOM, be able to
determine _which_ tube to change a priori, rather than just swapping
out
tubes until the TV works again.

Thats been my point all along for HVAC systems... A good tech can
diagnose
the system, show you what the problem(s) is/are, correct those
problems with
parts from his well stocked service truck, and warranty those repairs
usually for 1 year.

You are fortunate that you can do the work for yourself, and don't have
to rely on locating a good tech. As we have discussed before, the waters
are treacherous!

Only when you are trying to shark HVAC companies for a cheap or a free
fix.

Certainly no sharking going on at this end. In my 3 years of home
ownership and 3 HVAC calls, I promise you that I have never been given a
cheap or free fix. And frankly, I never expected one.

If all these companies were crooked...They would be put out of
business for lack of Bonding. I for one am damned tired of working my
ass off and then seeing some dip**** here ****ing on our industry.

I'm not doing that, maybe it's just trickling down? I think it's fair to
say that the industry will reap what it sows. I sense a greater need for
regulation, and I'm rather conservative. I bought a new multi-meter
(/capacitor tester) today.

(although I will admit to using the swap technique to fix a mainframe
once in Brussels).

scott