Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to clean heavy patina on brass door handles?

On Aug 9, 6:41*pm, wrote:
On Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:38:19 PM UTC-7, walter wrote:
My house is 30 yeas old. the brass handles on three doors have never been

cleaned or polished. See photo.

What can I do to make them look a bit more presentable? Preferably without a

lot of hard work.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/1000337j.jpg/

--

www.rationality.net

Remove andhttps://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=is...- Hide quoted text -

It probably depends to a large extent on if they
are real solid brass or some cheaper, crap. Given
that they are 30 years old, I wouldn't be surprised
that they aren't the real deal. And if they aren't then
they may wind up looking even worse.

Whatever you try, I'd start on the back side.