Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning behind pool light

On Aug 9, 5:20*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:16:21 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

I know an actual on-topic discussion, I'll try not to do it again any
time soon (grin).

* I have been using way too much chlorine recently and the pool company
thinks it is algae behind the pool light. Any tips on how best to get
out?
* *Can I do it at normal water levels or will I need to drain.
* * As long as the light is turned off do I need to turn everything off
at the breaker?
* * Do I need to pull the light all the way out or can I loosen it and
put the suction hose for the Kreepy Krawly near by to suck it out?
* * Any other suggestions?

How was your stabilizer in the chemical test. If it is way too high,
draining off some water is the only real answer.

My understanding of excessive stabilizer is that it
reduces the effectiveness of the chlorine, not that
it stops the chlorine from showing up. Meaning that
with too much stabilizer the proper level of chlorine
will still show on the test, it's just that it won't be
working like it should.

One thing I recommend is a Taylor test kit that
will test for all the necessary chemistry, including
stabilizer. They last several seasons and for
$50 or so it's well worth it