Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Central heating continuously runs

On 8/9/2012 5:42 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote

A good repairman would, given the schematics

We didn't carry schematics for all TV models in the shop.

Hmm. A number of sets that I worked on in the 70's had the
schematics glued to the inside of the case.

Howard Sam's made full schematics and parts list along with layouts of
every TV made in those days. In later years you could buy each years
sets on Cd or DVD.

https://www.samswebsite.com/

http://theschematicman.com/?gclid=CI...FYVrKgodjUwAuQ

Sam's Photofacts were thankfully purchased by our local library and,
like Chiltons auto manuals, were readily available without cost. They
were always a few years behind, but the TV sets I repaired in the 50s
and 60s were always many years old by the time they needed schematics
to repair. The library must have had an incredibly big budget or a lot
of requests or both to provide this free service. Their service
manuals in general were fabulous for people like me (young kids) who
would otherwise never be able to buy these items but still wanted to
learn the information they contained.