Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More bandsaw upgrades...

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

I tried one at the bottom (like you) and it wasn't as effective as
the modified one that I have under the table.

I'll post a picture of my under table one. I used rare earth magnets
to hold it... works well.

But not perfect. If I had a DC I would have both at once working.

Hey Puckdropper,

Take a look at the binaries or http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs#0

Although imgur is having some trouble right now... I think they are
upgrading their software and have a few bugs.

Makes blade changes quick and easy, and better than the original dust
port.. more juice..

My JET saw has a smaller port in that location. It does draw some of the
dust away, but it doesn't get very much of it. (Enough to keep hooking
the vacuum up.) Perhaps if I upsized it to fit a vacuum hose it would do
much better.

The top port would seem to be wanting to pull dust off the blade (before
gravity can get to it), while the bottom port would catch the dust
falling away from the blade. Connecting both together might give the
best of both worlds.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.