Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
jim jim is offline

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

" wrote:

The govt has no difficulty getting loans.

It's obvious that you haven't been paying attention. What do you think QEn is
all about? We're buying our own paper because no one else will.

That is your interpretation.
The govt has no difficulty selling treasuries.

In 1930 the federal Debt was 16 billion dollars on a Federal income of 4
billion and the government showed a surplus of 730 million.

In 2011 the federal debt was 14 trillion dollars on a Federal income of
2 trillion and the government showed a deficit of more than 1 trillion.

The government took in and spent 3.6 trillion last year.
And the govt owes private investors about 9 trillion.

No, it took in 1.3T less than it spent. 9T?

It received 1.3 trillion from bond buyers who understand
that the safest place to put their money is Tsy securities

You're an idiot. Ever hear of Quantitative Easing?

It has been more than a year since QE ended.

Or by another measure, in 1935 the federal debt was about 40 percent of
GDP, having risen to that level from about 20 percent in 1930. In 2011
the federal debt was nearly 60 percent of GDP, up from about 35 percent
in 2005. The only time the federal debt was higher was during WWII.

And when the federal debt went higher
what followed was increased economic growth.

You're nuts.

When you can't refute the facts start name calling.

Stateing facts. You *are* nuts.

It's an attempt to avoid the relevant facts.

If you don't think that the government owing 70 percent of the entire
country's income and having to borrow half as much as it brings in to
pay the interest on the existing debt means that the government is
broke

The govt is not broke and the federal debt will continue to
go much higher.

Until it can't.

The federal debt will grow as it is until
the private sector is no longer drowning in debt

Good grief! "Borrow our way to prosperity!" What a flaming idiot!

It is what it is. Do you think I'm in control?