Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning behind pool light

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:16:21 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

I know an actual on-topic discussion, I'll try not to do it again any
time soon (grin).

I have been using way too much chlorine recently and the pool company
thinks it is algae behind the pool light. Any tips on how best to get
out?

I pulled and put a new bulb in my light this season. No algae behind
it to speak of.

Can I do it at normal water levels or will I need to drain.

Yes. No need to drain. Usually one Phillips screw to remove the light
from the niche. Located at the bottom of the light rim.

As long as the light is turned off do I need to turn everything off
at the breaker?

I do... so do it...

Do I need to pull the light all the way out or can I loosen it and
put the suction hose for the Kreepy Krawly near by to suck it out?

The light sits in a metal recessed niche. It is filled with water to
keep the light cooler. The suction hose should work fine. I did not
bother. I just got some old plaster splatter out by hand after the
light was out. Just sit the light and wire on the deck so you can
clean.

Any other suggestions?

Inspect the wire and coil the wire a bit so it fits neatly back into
the niche. When you remove the single screw, then lift upwards to
remove the light from the small top tab(s).