Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cooling the shop.

If you can find a motor with a run cap. Pull the power, remove the cap. Put
your ohm meter on the leads that formerly held the cap. I'm guessing you'll
read nearly zero ohms.

Enough people read this list, doesn't have to be Bob E, who tries this and
lets us know.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message

My comments have been more conceptual, my not being very familiar with
motor cap technology. I have never said that there weren't bleeders,
only that the motor could stop with a charge on the cap.

I have a collection of motor caps in my parts box. I randomly picked 6
and charged them to 100v. After 1-1/2 hours, 2 of them still had
significant charge: 1 97v & the other 99.

Bob