Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default German style toilets?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, "Adam Funk" writ:

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, "Adam Funk" writ:

On 2012-08-08, Mike Lane wrote:

Roberts wrote on Aug 8, 2012:

The part I do like is the separation of the bathroom and the toilet into
two separate rooms
Robbie

In France they often do this, but unfortunately they often neglect to
include
any kind of washing facility in the separate loo. To me this negates the
advantage of separating them in the first place. If you use the loo while
someone else is in the bathroom, you still have to wait outside, trying not
to touch anything until you can get in to wash your hands.

I'm not condoning saving soap this way (5th "pro"), but overall the
cartoon is funny:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/peeing_sitting_down

Some of us with prostate conditions have to pee sitting down. Standing
at a urinal for 5 minutes and having the residue dribble down your
trousers is no fun.

I'm sorry if that was offensive. I was just out to mock the idea that
people can get away without washing their hands.

You did not offend me. I was just making an observation. The link was

Thanks!

amusing but, I thought I would point out that it can be necessary for
real reasons )

Right, but wash your hands anyway. :-)