Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default German style toilets?

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 19:46:43 +0100, Mike Lane wrote:

Roberts wrote on Aug 8, 2012:

The part I do like is the separation of the bathroom and the toilet
into two separate rooms
Robbie

In France they often do this, but unfortunately they often neglect to
include any kind of washing facility in the separate loo.

Our place has bath/toilet in one room and the sink in an adjacent room.
It might be because it was originally a farmhouse, and it was useful to
grant employee access to the sink area even when the toilet was in use -
although looking in the basement there's also evidence that the house was
doubled in size during the 1940s, and half of it is actually a much older
structure, so it's perhaps just an evolutionary thing.

cheers

Jules