Posted to uk.d-i-y
Percy Percy is offline

Default German style toilets?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, "Tony Bryer" writ:

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:46:43 +0100 Mike Lane wrote :
In France they often do this, but unfortunately they often neglect to
include
any kind of washing facility in the separate loo. To me this negates the
advantage of separating them in the first place. If you use the loo while
someone else is in the bathroom, you still have to wait outside, trying
not to touch anything until you can get in to wash your hands.

Same here in Australia - though you can wash your hands in the separate
laundry: it doesn't seem to occur to Aussies that washing your hands after
using the loo and before touching door handles would be a good idea but
they're
appalled by the idea of mixing dirty washing and food, thus every house has a
separate laundry (or in flats like mine, wm and laundry sink in the bathroom).

On some cruise ships I have sailed on there is a sign by the door asking
one to turn the door handle with a paper towel and deposit it in the bin
outside. Only in the gent's though. Is this because men are notorious
for not washing their hands after a wiz?