Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator and Auto Transfer Switch

Should work fine, with the generator removed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"John F. F." wrote in message
I have a functioning 10kw Generac propane generator with an automatic
transfer switch. Circuits from the original panel were of course fed to the
transfer panel. The outside generator feed goes into an external box and
the line then enters the house and goes into the auto transfer switch. All
standard installation I presume.

I have a question: if the generator is removed and the power line from the
generator to the outside box is simply disconnected will all the circuits in
the transfer switch continue to function normally as long as the main panel
has power from the utility company. Simply put if the generator is taken
away will all the circuits in the main [panel and the transfer switch
continue to function or must the circuits that were put in the transfer
switch be reconnected in the main electric panel. I don't believe it is
necessary but...................Thank you..