Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie Meanie is offline

Default Genrator and Auto Transfer Switch

"John F. F." wrote in message
I have a functioning 10kw Generac propane generator with an automatic
transfer switch. Circuits from the original panel were of course fed to
the transfer panel. The outside generator feed goes into an external box
and the line then enters the house and goes into the auto transfer switch.
All standard installation I presume.

I have a question: if the generator is removed and the power line from
the generator to the outside box is simply disconnected will all the
circuits in the transfer switch continue to function normally as long as
the main panel has power from the utility company. Simply put if the
generator is taken away will all the circuits in the main [panel and the
transfer switch continue to function or must the circuits that were put in
the transfer switch be reconnected in the main electric panel. I don't
believe it is necessary but...................Thank you..

IF you lose power, there will be nothing to transfer and the circuit will
end. It will not hurt to cap it off.