Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie Meanie is offline

Default Another Garage Door issue

Garage door problems are on the rise and mine is experiencing another one.

This morning, the door went up and stopped about 3/4 open. I lowered it with
the remote, then reversed to open again helping it along by pushing it up.
When leaving for work, it would come down a partial way then go back up. I
didn't have time to troubleshoot until now (after work).

This morning, I removed the center connector of the door to the opener for
manual operation. Upon troubleshooting just now, the opener has a travel of
about a 1 to 3 feet. I push the remote and it moves down, stops, then moves
up on it's own. I disconnected the limit switches and tried again. The same
thing happens. I increased up and down force but nothing. I know it's not
the door causing the problem for many reasons but obviously, the main reason
is it's disconnected. Therefore, it's in the opener itself but I have no
idea where to even look. All gears, chain links, tracking, teeth, etc. are
lubricated, intact, secure, etc. I'm dumbfounded. Any suggestions?

Thanks