Posted to alt.home.repair

Default On India's power outage

On Aug 8, 1:36*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 07:35:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:41:55 AM UTC-7, HeyBub wrote:

It’s another reason for the HVAC technicians to charge more money.
Now when you go to do repairs you have to figure out if the unit
is shutting down due to one of the fan motor thermal cut-offs,
low pressure or the SaverSwitch.

I had this system in my condo in Treasure Island. There was an LED in
the controller that went from green to red when the utility was
shutting down the power.

The only thing that is different is the new meter gets the signal; and
WiFi's it to the local controller.

I have it here in NJ too with no smart meter. IT's a radio
controlled switch at the compressor unit. Have had it
for 20 years now. They used to give us a flat amount,
like $25 a year for having it. Now they switched to giving
out $2 every time they activate it. They rarely activate it,
so I'm not getting much anymore.