Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Central heating continuously runs

On 08 Aug 2012 14:22:34 GMT, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Bill writes:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/6/2012 7:15 AM, Steve wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm sure the professionals on alt havoc will help.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Daren Friday" wrote in message
news

I've tried 2 other types of stats and all have the same result, the
heating ignores them when room reaches temp.
I've just changed the stat for a Honeywell CM900 and again I get exactly
the same result. If I move the slider to off on the EP3002 everything
closes fine.

I thought maybe I'd wired the stat wrong so I rewired it and now I've
popped the motorised valve (Myson Power Extra MPE228).

I've ordered a replacement valve and EP3002. See how we go?

Keep playing with it, keep breaking and changing parts... you'll
eventually
change something and accitentally "fix" it, *OR* you can call you local
Master Tech and get the problem corrected the first time and be done with
it.

Years ago in the TV repair business we called them "Tube Changers". ^_^

TDD

I recall a tube tester at my local drug store, but I am a little young
to remember the big picture. Was "Tube Changing" frowned upon back then
(mid-late 60's?)?

A good repairman would, given the schematics and a VOM, be able to
determine _which_ tube to change a priori, rather than just swapping out
tubes until the TV works again.

Ha! A good repairman could take the make, model, and symptom, and tell you
exactly which part failed and it's value or tube number. I worked for a guy
like that.

(although I will admit to using the swap technique to fix a mainframe
once in Brussels).

There's nothing wrong with the technique.