Posted to uk.d-i-y
Moonraker[_2_] Moonraker[_2_] is offline

Default OT Olympic stadium etc.

On 08/08/2012 12:10, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:35:49 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

I find it amusing that the LibDems, usually so keen on making the
electoral system "fairer", are going to oppose these changes when
finally proposed by the Boundary Commission.

It's a prime case of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face. But if
they didn't put their foot down with a firm hand over this they
wouldn't be able to demonstrate how much influence they really hold in
this coalition. (Insert witty remark here --- )

Especially when you read the coalition agreement. All it does is to say
that a committee will examine and bring forward proposals for an elected
upper house. AFAIK this has been done.

Did anyone really believe that the Olympics would benefit anyone except
glory seekers? Supposedly London (after all it is the London Olympics)
were to benefit, but in reality even London has lost out. Normally we
have a couple of days every Summer in London, but not this year,
shudder. In fact I have had three emails from the hotel we normally stay
at offering reduced tariffs.