Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Dont know the extension cord value

He wasn't there. I was the replacement dumb assistant for the
Saturday.

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 20:30:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I hope you had the dumb assistant saw some boards, while standing in a
grounded barrel of salt water?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
.. .
Years ago, when I was a teen, I helped my father doing construction.
He asked me to bring up his circular saw (he was on the roof). This
was in the days before double insulated tools, the skill saw was all
metal and three wire plug. I grabbed the saw took a couple steps to
the aluminum ladder and started up. About two rungs in I got a huge
shock and my hand clamped around the rung I was hanging on and my
other hand clamped around the metal handle of the skill saw. I
couldn't let go! So I made a throwing motion with my arm so that the
weight of the saw would cause it to pull out of my clenched hand. I
had to make the motion a couple times and threw the saw to the ground
breaking the connection. My dad saw that and yelled at me that it was
no way to treat his tools!! I told him what happened and he said his
dumb assistant had cut thru the extension cord yesterday but had fixed
it. We took the tape off the "repair" and saw that he had paid no
attention to any of the wire colors and just hooked em up at random.
Up until I grounded out on the aluminum ladder the saw and ext cord
had worked fine all morning......