Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default My backup generator solution....

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:12:10 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:08:58 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
... What is surprising, tho, as Gunner said, Man, double the size
you think you'll need -- mebbe even triple it. I just realized that
altho 7,000 watts can handle a fair amount, it CANNOT handle the
starting loads of the compressor, unless the compressor is the main
thing hooked up. And then it would probably knock out any
electronics hooked up.... dayum.....

My 3KW genny won't start my air compressors unless the tank is empty
or I loosen the pipe at the head.

jsw

Keep in mind..that 3kw is about 13 amps at most.

Gunner

Depends on whether they are U.S. or foreign made. Chinese watts are
much smaller then American ones :-)
Cheers,
John B.