Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default OT - crooks phoning me

On 08/06/12 04:53 pm, wrote:

I get calls all the time from the police associations for donations. I tell them that if they arrive at my house in their squad car in uniform, I'll consider it

About eight years ago I got a phone call claiming that the caller was
calling "on behalf of the xxx Association of Police." I declined to
contribute at the time but did a little research, which showed that our
state "Association of Police" and those of some other states had hired a
fund-raising company that guaranteed a certain amount to each
Association of Police (or maybe called something else in other states)
and got to keep whatever it raised beyond that. The company (whose name
I no longer remember) was making money hand over fist and was being
investigated by the Attorneys General of some states.

I found a piece on our "Association of Police"'s Web site where they
were boasting to the members about this wonderful deal they had done
with this fund-raising company "to subsidize your Union dues."

Perce