Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default Autonomous braking system to be required

On 8/4/2012 2:11 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 11:59:11 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 08/04/2012 07:10 AM, HeyBub wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Back in the 80's I was running service calls around The Southeast and
put 70k miles on a six cylinder Ford Econoline in a single year. ^_^

I have 107K on my 2001 (20K in the last 8 months). ;-)

Meanwhile I, who live on one side of a duplex and work in the other side,
put less than 3,000 miles per year on my little pick-up. Still, it galls me
to pay the north side of $40 for a fill-up once a month...

I remember a $79 fillup a few years ago when gas prices were at thier
highest of($4.00 / gal).

I had a 65$ "fillup" recently. I had my 2-1/2 gallon mower can with me, but
still... Gas here has jumped $.50 in the last month ($.25 in the last week).

I spend $75 a week for commuting in gas and about $250 a month for toll
hiways. Yes the income earned is worth it but in about 2 or 2 1/2
years, I'll take the $30 000 a year pay cut and work in my hometown.
Factoring in insurance and wear and tear plus maintenance on the
automobile then the gas and toll hiway charges, it's about $10 000 a
year for transportation, maybe more just for that larger salary gain of
say $30 000.

When I was in my 20s and single it was great doing all that driving for
extra income. Now with kids and wife and home, it's not appealing anymore.