Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

Stuart Wheaton wrote:

If it means the difference between legal and not, I think I'd be
measuring it and reject the shipment if it fell out of specs. That much
wood has serious value, maybe you should have a local employee checking it when you buy it.

Exactly what I was talking about with regard to being ill informed, even
when presented with the link that lays out the purported facts according to
the governments own affidavit.

Had you bothered to read the affidavit before commenting you would have
seen that the 1250 pieces in question were picked up at Dallas customs,
addressed to a shipping agent's facility, _BEFORE_ they got anywhere near
a Gibson's facility.

(Just hope someone doesn't ship some of that marijuana you spoke of via
FedEx with your name on it.)

--
www.ewoodshop.com