Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Cooling the shop.

On Monday, August 6, 2012 8:27:30 PM UTC-7, Larry Jaques wrote:
I just got back from Californy today, where I had a nice birthday

(59th) with family.

Home and shop A/C was working fine until about 6pm when I felt warm

air coming out of the vent.

Others have suggested compressor motor failure.
There's also loss of coolant, and frost blockage of cold coils.

So, to deal with frost blockage, give it a few hours OFF, watching
to see how much fluid comes out of the condensate lines. After it
starts melting, you can try fan-only operation for faster melting.

To deal with loss of coolant, takes a service call. Bad compressor,
bad motor, bad start capacitor... all take a service call (or lots of
homework, i.e. delay before birthday boy gets a cool night's sleep).