Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Autonomous braking system to be required

On Aug 7, 7:09*am, "
wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:07*pm, gpsman wrote:

snip

I cite their speeds. *Nothing there to suggest they are paying
attention. *Do you want to argue most motorists are in compliance with
speed limits?

Again strawman and you're wandering off here. *Sure people speed
but I would say in the vast majority of cases it's not
because they are distracted.

That's what you say.

I'm beginning to agree with KRW that there must be
something wrong with you. * You're actually claiming that
the reason most people speed is because they are
distracted? *Not that they know what the speed limit
is, but consciously go faster? * Good grief. *I can
take you down the Parkway here in NJ. *Where the
speed limit is 55mph,, 90%+ of the cars are going
65+. *All distracted? *Of course not. *They just know
that the cops give at least a 10mph leeway and
choose to go faster, with the flow of trafffic because
it's a reasonable, safe speed that feels comfortable.
I do it all the time myself and I'm not texting or updating
facebook. *Do you really drive much?

snip

I've beend driving for som 60 plus years and I don't think I have
_ever_ seen the normal flow at or under the posted. It is _always_
over it by some margin. I suppose given enough resources some
jurisdiction in some universe far far away could do an emphasis long
enough and strong enough to get ehe "flow" down to or under the
posted....for a short time.

Harry K