Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Concrete cleaning

"Norminn" wrote in message
m...
On 8/6/2012 9:04 PM, Steve B wrote:
I dripped some cooking oil on nicely finished concrete, leaving what
looks
like wet dots. I figured they would come out with some soap and power
washing. They did not. What can I use to get these off? It was common
cooking oil.

Steve

I put down cat litter on spilled motor oil, which is SOP. Mash it in and
leave for a day or two. Sweep it up. It left gray haze, which I did not
try to remove, so don't know if that would be removeable. Try some
full-strength Dawn, leave it for a while and then wash.

I understand that the "old" treatment from the '50s was, after the first
cleanup such as above, you did the final cleanup by using "fullers earth"
and let it sit for a couple of days, one or two such treatments should get
all but a tiny bit out.