Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

dpb wrote:

What they spent to date and faced continuing to fight in direct legal
costs is just the tip of the iceberg...but to build enough of a case
to actual stand in federal court against DOJ I wouldn't be at all
surprised if it at least pushed the six figure amount for legal costs
alone.

Pushed "six figures" is a lot different than "millions" as was previously
stated. Does anybody even read posts anymore?

From a letter Gibson president wrote the NY Times not long ago...

"...they shut down production, sent workers home, seized boxes of raw
materials and nearly 100 guitars, and ultimately cost our company $2
million to $3 million worth of products and lost productivity."

In what terms of "cost"? Retail? This is the CEO speaking. Do you think
he is minimizing those costs? Come on...

I'm on both sides of this. I'm not a Gibson advocate, but I'm not more the
advocate of those who simply knee jerk their response to a stinking web
release of a "news" article.

--

-Mike-