Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

Bill wrote:

To consumers who are interested in Gibson, it exposes all that they
need to know about it, if they wish to make politicial statements
with their purchases.

Which all by itself says nothing - expect that some idot wants to make a
political statement. Which - all by itself is a totally meaningless
statement. Except to the speaker who is a totally meaningliess idiot.

If I governed a nation with a rainforest to protect, it would say to
me that I better watch the dealings with Gibson a little closer.

Unless you were on the take - which does not contratradict your statement,
but might just reflect real life a bit more.

It's hard to say which side the Gibson's shareholders would be on.
Maybe some of them don't really care what the company has to do to
boost it's EPS if it can get away with it.

For a lot of companies - this stuff has just nat mattered. For others - it
has mattered a great deal. I suspect that for Gibson, it will probably
matter to a significant degree.

We may do well to go back to "The buck stops here!" and quit the legal
and political angle-shooting. We are getting so "smart" we are going
to bust our country.

Huh?

--

-Mike-