Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

On 8/7/2012 1:21 PM, Bill wrote:

To consumers who are interested in Gibson, it exposes all that they need
to know about it, if they wish to make politicial statements with their
purchases.

Only if they only care of the result but not the motivation or real
cause. Many think DOJ went after Gibson only as punitive action not
really because there was any significant violation.

If I governed a nation with a rainforest to protect, it would say to me
that I better watch the dealings with Gibson a little closer.

Well, the people you had best be watching would be your own citizens who
are the ones who have to be doing the "on the ground" poaching if such
it is. And, undoubtedly, the members of your own government who are
undoubtedly receiving the kickbacks and may well be the
ringleaders/organizers...as well as you as imperial leader yourself

We may do well to go back to "The buck stops here!" and quit the legal
and political angle-shooting. We are getting so "smart" we are going to
bust our country.

As the comments from Gibson's prez show, you can get in trouble w/o even
knowing it despite your best efforts to the contrary.

We've already made ourselves almost totally noncompetitive globally in
many areas and every year just adds more levels to the mix...