Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

-MIKE- wrote:

Except that most in-house corporate attorneys aren't used to running
up against the DoJ every day, so outside counsel is often sought from
firms who do have experience with the Fed.

Yup - but it's still not likely that they spent or faced millions. Maybe -
I really don't know myself, but I doubt it. I would more likely suspect a
deal was put on the table immediately by DOJ so they could show a "win".
Was probably not a bad deal, all things considered - but we'll never know
the "all things" part of that...

Of course, if I want to get it from someone who is really "in the
know," I 'll just call one of my buddies down at Gibson or stop by
for lunch.

Only if he is high enough up. Not likely that even a mid-level VP would
know much about it.

--

-Mike-