Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

On 8/7/12 12:10 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

It was three hundred grand... they probably considered it a bargain.
How many millions were they paying to their lawyers?

Probably none. Corporate attorneys do not run in the millions - nor do
those on retainer. That would have to be one helluva big case. Most people
don't realize this, but then most people have never really been in the know.

Except that most in-house corporate attorneys aren't used to running up
against the DoJ every day, so outside counsel is often sought from firms
who do have experience with the Fed.

Of course, if I want to get it from someone who is really "in the know,"
I 'll just call one of my buddies down at Gibson or stop by for lunch.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--