Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gibson Guitar to pay big fine related to wood...

-MIKE- wrote:

It was three hundred grand... they probably considered it a bargain.
How many millions were they paying to their lawyers?

Probably none. Corporate attorneys do not run in the millions - nor do
those on retainer. That would have to be one helluva big case. Most people
don't realize this, but then most people have never really been in the know.

How much would
would another 6 months cost them?

Good question. I thought the same thing. The thought occurred to me that
this may have been an "agreed" upon settlement that has some other political
overtones...

When you're dealing with the DoJ,
who can just keep reaching into *our* pockets to fight in the courts,
most of the time it's better to settle and sacrifice principle for
profits.

Yup - and/or... favoritism...

--

-Mike-