Kim Whitmyre

Default Bowed Veneer Panels?

In article , do-not-
says...
Can anyone help me understand (a) what I could have done to prevent the
bowing [e.g was the stock too wet; too thin; wrong glue] and (b) what might
explain why the Jatoba bowed cross grain and the Maple bowed with grain???

From my reading, "Making Traditional English Furniture," the author uses
only hide glue, and he applies glue to both sides. He fixes it to the
substrate with the glue, hammers it out from the center, and then
applies glue to the top surface. He then uses a hot, moist towel (as hot
as you can manage to hold) to wipe down the surface, thereby removing
excess glue. Of course, you can't do that with titebond. . .

Kim