Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default OT - Renting Out Property

"tim....." wrote

Many thanks to all responders.

I think I've seen enough to put me off the idea.
My estimate of £500 may have been a little low.

However, having fallen foul in a way with Part P, the talk of tighter
regulation on rental property (under East Riding Council) makes my blood
run
cold.

How's the holiday rental market there?

Total yields are much better, and tenants tend to be "better behaved", so
there isn't really much extra effort in running it (you can employ a local
cleaner for the weekly handover), though obviously there's extra
effort/cost in marketing plus the initial furnishing.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a holiday let market around Hull!
Handy for the Humber Bridge, but that's about it.

Really would need to be heading north towards Beverley orYork for that to be
a realistic option I suspect.

Phil