Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Refurbished laptops with office software

On 07/08/2012 01:13, Bill wrote:
In message
,
Weatherlawyer writes
Here is a recycling charity that I know is very good for what they
attempt:
http://www.terc.org.uk/

To try to wind up this thread, here's where we are after having a brief
discussion about the actual need.

It's for a school that needs temporary computer provision. He is hoping
to connect 25 machines wirelessly. I have expressed grave doubts about
doing this with just one router or access point.

How about buying some new netbooks? These tend to be small, but external
keyboards are very cheap. Battery life will be good for 2 to 3 hours on
some netbooks.

If that's considered too costly, remember that you should get a decent
discount buying 25 in bulk. Then sell them off to the parents at the end
of the project. It may well cost the school less that way than by buying
clunking old machines that cause nothing but trouble and have no end value.